Wednesday 16 September 2009

Johnny Claes and his Claepigeons (featuring Nat Gonella) - The Swinging 40's
















01.Stompin' At The savoy
02.How Do I Know?
03.I Heard
04.Chattanooga Choo Choo
05.Do I Worry?
06.Watch The Birdie
07.Nobody Knows De Trouble I've Seen
08.Fascinating Rhythm
09.My Bonnie Lies Over The Ocean
10.The Whistlers Mother In Law
11.Playhouse Party
12.Oh Brother I'm In Love
13.The Boogie Woogie Piggy
14.The Man Who Comes Around
15.I Got Rhythm
16.It's A Pair Of Wings For Me
17.Yes, My Darling Daughter
18.Vox Poppin'
19.Hot Dogs
20.The Hut Sut Song

This album was made a bit later than my interest in British jazz goes to be honest (it dates from the early to mid 40's), and as a result, I know very little about 'Johnny Claes' other than from his work with Nat Gonella. There's all you need to know at this rather dandy little site HERE! (I also took the picture from here as I don't yet have the cover to post up).

Clickety Click!

1 comment:

  1. Only the first ten tracks are listed under Johnny Claes on the site you refer to above, the ten which follow seem to be Nat Gonella and his New Georgians items - is Claes present on these? I don't have access to discographic details for them.

    ReplyDelete